- Level 1 – Beginner – NEVER EVER skied before.
- Level 2 – Snowplough Glide – Holding a snow plough and being able to snowplough stop, may be starting to turn a little. Also may have used a beginners lift.
- Level 3 – Snowplough Turn – Making strong snowplough turns (in both directions) and can use beginner lifts confidently. Can ski green runs and easy blue runs.
- Level 4 – Plough Parallel – Strong snowplough turns with the skis becoming parallel towards the end of the turn. Can ski blue runs with confidence and use most types of lifts on the mountain.
- Level 5 – Basic Parallel – Skis remaining parallel through most of the turn on blue and easy red run. Wanting to improve technique on steeper slopes an in different snow conditions
- Level 6 – Good Parallel – Skiing with skis parallel all the time on all main runs. Working on carving skills and skiing off piste.
- Level 1 – Beginner – NEVER BEEN on a snowboard before.
- Level 2 – Sideslip Traverse – Can control speed and direction on one or both edges but not yet turn from edge to edge. Can use a chairlift.
- Level 3 – Turning – Can turn to one side most of the time and to both sides on easy terrain. Can use a chairlift and easy drag lifts.
- Level 4 – Linked Turns – can link turns together on blue and easy red runs, Confident on drag lifts, T-bars and chairlifts.
- Level 5 – Rymthic Linked Turns – Can link turns on red runs and can ride in variable snow conditions and terrain.
- Level 6 – All Snow, All Terrain – Learning to carve the board and are comfortable at higher speeds on all types of snow and terrain.