Teaching over 5000 children to ski since 1991
School Snowsports Programme
- Established 1991 teaching over 5,000 children to Ski & Snowboard
- Programme comprises Ski & Snowboard lessons at all ability levels including race training & freestyle; ski, snowboard, boots & helmet hire; clothing hire and lunches served in a warm cafe. Flexible packages from 1 day to one week or more.
- Experienced support to plan and organise your trips including our ‘Guide to Schools Programme’ ‘Fit with Curriculum for Excellence’ document, and input to Risk Assessments etc.
- Operated by the in house Nevis Range Snowsports School with experienced, professional & qualified instructors offering a fun and enjoyable experience.
- On site professional Ski Patrol team providing first aid and other assistance.
- Close to Fort William offering a range of accommodation and other complimentary activities.
- Complimentary Familiarisation Visits: available during winter to all teachers/staff/parents involved in organising School Skiing/Snowboarding trips. Include: welcome coffee, meet Snowsports School & Equipment Hire, gondola to the Ski Area, ski lesson, meet Snowsports School Manager.
- Resources: Information Pack, Booking form, Participant Details form, Lunch Order form, Covering Letter
We believe all school pupils should be given the opportunity to learn to ski in Scotland. Close to home and great conditions for learning it’s hard to say no! Whether you are looking for a 1-day annual school skiing trip or block lessons over 4 days we have it covered.
Our Snowsports Instructors
Our qualified Snowsports instructors have a passion for working with young people. With their support pupils can improve their level of skiing, build their confidence and enhance their learning experience.
We have skiing suitable for school children of all ages and abilities from beginner to advance. We offer adaptive instruction for children with physical / learning disabilities. Please tell us of any disabilities when making your booking so we can accommodate the individuals.
Supporting Curriculum for Excellence
Outdoor education sessions are a brilliant way to help children and young people achieve the experiences and outcomes identified through Curriculum for Excellence.
We’ve structured our outdoor learning sessions to:
- Allow pupils to develop new skills, experience personal achievement and build resilience and confidence.
- Develop skills for life long learning and work
- Promote cross curricular links in areas such as health and well being
- Engage pupils who have a more kinaesthetic or visual learning style
Special School Packages
- Please call for prices
- Includes 3 hours tuition + hire of ski boots and poles + lift pass (includes Gondola ticket)
- Aimed at both Primary and Secondary schools (17 and under)
- Minimum number of 6 (at same level of ability)
- Available for 1 or more days, sequential or not
- Teachers can take part for child price (1 per 6 children) or a complimentary Gondola ticket
- Schools package is not valid on half term dates
- Lunch can be arranged for your group when pre ordered eg macaroni cheese + chips + juice
- For 4 day packages please call 01397 705825
Please note, at the discretion of the Nevis Range Snowsports School manager, classes may be joined with another school in order to generate single ability groups.
Looking for Accommodation
We are located only 7 miles from Fort William where there is a variety of accommodation. Click here for a link to accommodation in and around the Lochaber and Fort William area.
What to do next …
For more information and to discuss availability please call 01397 705825 or email [email protected]