Nevis Range is a very practical, hands-on company with a lively outdoor atmosphere. Staff are recruited largely on their foreseeable potential and adaptability. Working conditions and level of business are governed almost entirely by the weather and the seasons, demanding an unusual level of flexibility of all Nevis Range staff.
The number of employees varies from a core staff of 50 who work all year round to 100 at the height of a busy winter season. The key qualities that we look for in our staff are adaptability, resilience to harsh weather, passion for the outdoors, team spirit, good customer care skills and a sense of humour!! Seasonal employees include ski lift operators, groomer drivers, ski & board instructors, ski hire technicians and catering staff.
Nevis Range Development Company does not offer staff accommodation however most seasonal staff find accommodation quite easily in Fort William or the surrounding areas. If you do experience difficulties we can recommend certain local establishments who offer short-term accommodation until you can find something more permanent.
All staff are provided with a uniform that is appropriate for the requirements of their particular job.
If you are successful in your application you will be given an induction on arrival and specific training that is appropriate to your position within the company. Nevis Range has been accredited with the Investors in People Standard since the inception of the scheme.
All full-time staff receive a season pass, which allows access to the uplift facilities at Nevis Range and the other four ski areas in Scotland. Part-time staff receive a discounted price ticket, which offers the same benefits. Some local outdoor retail establishments offer discounts for full and part time staff.
Gaelic Language Plan
Nevis Range is presently in the process of implementing a Gaelic Language Plan in partnership with Bord na Gaidhlig.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Administrator to join our rapidly expanding Marketing team at Nevis Range!
You will be supported by a friendly team in the Marketing department who are enthusiastic about what they do and would like someone with the same ethos to join the team.
Your main responsibilities will include but aren’t limited to:
• Database maintenance – data cleansing etc
• Prospecting – looking for business that fits in with their current prospective markets and collecting relevant data
• New prospect setup on database
• Conducting market segmentation as directed
• Analysing data relating to trends, product performance, customer, sector, web, social media, promotion results, report findings etc.
• Writing regular blogs, social media posts and maintaining the company’s profile on social media within the relevant markets
• Market and product research
• Provide written briefs for company projects
• Manage deadlines for artwork
• Organise quotations for print runs
• Organise and maintain any relevant administration
• Provide office support where necessary
• Collect, analyse and report on data to support business requirements, undertaking research into markets, products and customers
• Knowledge of the digital world, ‘digitally savvy’
• Competent on Microsoft Excel and various other packages/systems
• Happy to contact and chase suppliers regarding the product range via e-mail/telephone, hence good telephone manner is required
• Good attention to detail, being able to spot issues and act upon them
• Thorough and being able to respond with urgency to outlined tasks
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
If this sounds like you, don’t hesitate get in touch with us today! To apply send your CV to Nikki Stafford – [email protected]
To work in the ticket office including weekends and holiday periods. Contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the office/company.